Thursday, March 29, 2012

Value Investing = Get Rich Quick ?

I came across a forwarded email promoting a 1 day Value Investing Seminar, talking about philosophies and investment styles of Benjamin Graham, Philip Fisher and Warren Buffett .

The email (written by the organiser) is as follows:

"If you like to get rich quickly, this is the way. Please kindly circulate this to all your friends who are also interested to get rich quickly."

Well, I did forward and highly recommend that seminar to a few of my friends, but NOT because I or they want to get rich quickly. I forward and personally will be attending the seminar because I think the philosophies and investment styles of Benjamin Graham, Philip Fisher and Warren Buffett is very good (if not excellent).

Anyway, here's what Warren Buffett said about Sound / Value Investing.

“Ben Graham wasn’t about brilliant investments and he wasn’t about fads of fashion. He was about sound investing, and I think sound investing can make you very wealthy if you’re not in too big of a hurry. And it never makes you poor, which is even better.”

[Source: http://www.trinitywealth.ca/articles/500MostWittyThings.pdf ]

And lastly, i end with a quote i read somewhere that says,

"The only thing fast about money, .... is losing it!"

4 comments:

Sean Seah Weiming said...

Hi Mr Peter Lim Sir,

My name is Sean Seah and I recently completed writing my 2nd book on Value Investing, "Gone Fishing with Buffett."

Mary Buffett has kindly helped me write the foreword and may i dare ask you to read through it and give me a testimonial if you so deem suitable?

Yours Sincerely,
Sean Seah
seanseahsg@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Managed to get a free copy of Gone Fishing With Buffett

Unknown said...

Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thanks

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.